Nikon has released the update to its ViewNX photo viewer and browser software. It has a long list of fixes and improvements to its glaring weaknesses in the previous versions, mostly related to user interface usability. Finally I can delete a photo in full screen mode! Read more and find the download links after the jump.
- More information on ViewNX 1.03 Windows version and download
- More information on ViewNX 1.03 Macintosh version and download
- A thumbnail of the first frame of .MOV, .AVI, .WMV, and MPEG-1 movie files recorded by Nikon digital cameras, or created with a Nikon application, is now displayed in Thumbnail Grid mode. In addition, an icon indicating that the file is a movie is displayed at the bottom of movie thumbnails.
- Playback of .MOV, AVI, WMV, and MPEG-1 movie files recorded by Nikon digital cameras, or created with a Nikon application is now possible in the image view area.
- When images are selected and drag and drop operation is performed holding right mouse button down, a menu displaying Copy Here, Move Here, and Cancel options is now displayed at the destination.
- Images displayed in Full Screen mode can now be moved to the Recycle Bin by pressing the DELETE key on the keyboard.
- New Folder, Delete, and Output (Convert Files…, Email…, Print…, SlideShow…) options have been added to the Thumbnail area context menu* in Thumbnail Grid and Image Viewer modes.
- Delete, Output (Convert Files…, Email…, Print…), Next, and Previous options have been added to the Image View area context menu* in Image Viewer mode.
- A Copy Camera Settings option has been added to the Camera Settings palette context menu*. This option copies camera settings to the computer’s clipboard.
- Items in the Camera Settings tab of the Camera Settings palette have been rearranged for increased clarity. Camera Settings: File, Camera, Exposure, Flash, Image Settings, Picture Control, Optimize Image, GPS. However, as camera settings may differ depending upon the selected image file, all of the items listed above may not be displayed.
- When multiple images are selected in the Thumbnail area of Thumbnail Grid mode, the total file size of all selected images is now displayed in the status bar.
- An Eject option has been added to the Folder palette context menu*.
- When the Folder palette is displayed, you can now use the TAB key to switch between the Folder palette and Thumbnail area.
- Operation has been changed with multiple display systems so that Full Screen mode is now displayed on the primary monitor.
- When image files with which IPTC information had been embedded using a third-party application, such as Adobe Photoshop CS3, were opened in ViewNX, ViewNX quit unexpectedly. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that prevented proper installation of ViewNX to systems to which certain software had been installed has been resolved.
- When certain software was installed after ViewNX had been installed, ViewNX failed to start properly. This issue has been resolved.
- Compensation to correct for loss of marginal lumination is now automatically applied to RAW images captured with the D3 and the following lenses. -AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED -AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm f / 2.8D IF-ED
- When camera settings for images captured with the PC Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D were displayed, “G” was sometimes displayed in the lens name despite the fact that this is a D-type lens. This issue has been resolved.
- When Show file information was enabled (checked) for slideshows, image shutter speed and aperture settings were not displayed. This issue has been resolved.
*A context menu is the menu displayed when the right mouse button is clicked under Windows.
Keywords: NEF, Nikon, RAW, Software, ViewNX, ViewNX 1.03