Nikon has released the latest update to its ViewNX software. Currently the release is for Windows only. Mac users needs to wait a little longer. The new version added the support for the recently announced Nikon D3X DSLR and COOLPIX P6000 compact cameras, as well as some bug fixes.
Modifications enabled with 1.2.2 :
- Support for RAW images captured with the D3X was added.
- Support for D3X Picture Control was added.
- NRW-format RAW images captured with the COOLPIX P6000 can now be edited.
- The effects of lateral chromatic aberration compensation exhibited when the RAW button is pressed to develop NEF- or NRW-format RAW images for display, file conversion, and printing have been improved over those of the previous version.
- When the Data Execution Prevention function (DEP) under Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) was set to Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:, ViewNX sometimes quit unexpectedly with certain system environments. This issue has been resolved.
- When attempting to print Help information by selecting Print the selected heading and all subtopics from the Print Topics dialog, Help information was not properly printed. This issue has been resolved.
- When images captured at a white balance setting of Auto and an image quality setting of NRW (RAW) are processed using ViewNX, the results achieved with ViewNX RAW processing may differ from those achieved with in-camera NRW (RAW) processing.
Keep your Nikon software updated
You can check the latest version of Nikon software and download free trial software here.