Welcome to this edition of Digital Photography Links. Bad news continues on the Wall Street, but what can we do? Not much. We can’t get a piece of the 1.2 trillion dollars the Fed will print either. So stop worrying and enjoy some photography.
- A Tiny Camcorder Has a Big Payday – An inspiring story how Pure Digital Technologies, the company made the popular Flip line of miniature camcorders (check price at Amazon) got purchased by networking giant Cisco. This is not strictly photography device but we are certainly seeing a converging path for still and video.
- Discover Nikon’s History (direct link) – If you are a Nikon fan, check out the stories behind many legendary Nikon products. Challenge yourself with puzzles and trivia games and win awards. This year is also the 50th anniversary of Nikon F-mount.
- Locr for Aperture – Geotagging photo community locr has released a plug-in for Aperture (iPhoto plug-in is also available), which will allow users to upload their photos straight from the Apple program to the locr website.
- Picture of the Day – This Wall Street Journal website has some breathtaking photos of events happening around the world for each weekday. Boston.com’s The Big Picture site is also worth checking out.
- Shoot like the pros with a camera phone – Joke? No pros shot with a camera phone but the advices are good and useful.
- 20 Tips for Photography while hiking or walking – Combining hiking or walking with photography is not a hassle but a way of having the best of both.
Have a good weekend.
Keywords: Digital photography, Links