The popular Apple iPhone has a very crude camera application and there is no way to edit the photos on the phone after you take them without third party applications. There are quite a few good photo editing applications available at Apple App Store that are not very expensive. But why not use a free application from the big name software company Adobe if you have only the most common editing needs? It gets even better than just editing: by signing up for a free photoshop.com account, you get 2GB of free storage for online photo sharing and storage.
Photoshop.com Mobile lets you quickly edit photos using simple gestures: most editing can be done by nothing more complicated than tapping and dragging your finger across the screen.
- Basics: Crop, Rotate, and Flip
- Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White
- Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus
- Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, Soft Black and White
For the first three groups of editing functions, you can adjust the photo to your taste. The effects are pretty cool but there is no adjustment options for them. After editing your photo, you can save the edited photo. The software saves a copy so your original photo is safe. If you select the Save and Upload option, the photo will be saved on your phone and a copy is uploaded to your Photoshop.com account. You have the chance to edit the photo description and select the online album before the file is actually uploaded.
- Browse your photos stored online at Photoshop.com.
- Choose existing photos on the phone or take new photos to share on Photoshop.com. You cannot share them anywhere else (Facebook, flickr, etc) directly.
- You do not need to sign up for the free account if you only need the editing functions.
- You cannot edit photos stored online.
The Photoshop.com Mobile application is simple and easy to use. For people with sophisticated editing and other social network sharing needs, you may have to look elsewhere. For people who might be disappointed by this application, please remember, it is not Photoshop for iPhone, it is Photoshop.com Mobile for iPhone.
Users of Windows Mobile based phones can download the application directly from Adobe.
Keywords: App, Applications, iPhone, iPhone Application