NikonRumors website is currently loaded with the latest rumors about the next flagship Nikon DSLR camera the Nikon D4. Somehow an article dated for Tuesday January 10, 2012 is now visible at Wells Fargo Advisors website.
Just in case it is removed from the website. Here is a screen capture of the entire content.
Nikon D4 spec based on the leaked article
- 16.2-megapixel FX CMOS image sensor
- 10 fps continuous shooting speed
- Supports both XQD card format and traditional CompactFlash card format
- ISO 100-102,400 expendable to 50-204,800
- 3rd generation 91,000-pixel RGB metering sensor
- 51-point AF with 9 cross-type sensor. AF enhanced to allow f/8 lens (up from f/5.6) and EV-2.0
- 100% pentaprism viewfinder
- 1080p video at 24p and 30p frame rates and 720p video at 60p frame rate. Supports H.264B frame compression.
- Contrast detection AF during movie recording. Low-pass filter optimized to maximize sharpness of HD video.
- Illuminated Function button.
- Face detection/recognition
- Smooth aperture control for video shooting
- WTSA wireless control with WT-5 wireless transmitter. Integrated Ethernet port and HDMI port that outputs uncompressed video.
- Price: $6000 suggest
- Availability: February 2012
If everything goes as rumored, the Nikon D4 will be announced on January 6, 2012.
Keywords: DSLR Camera, Nikon, Nikon D4, Rumors